At St James School we believe that the school works most effectively when teachers and parents value each other and we work in partnership to support children in their learning and development. It is recognised that where this relationship is strong, students have a much greater chance of staying at school longer and experiencing success.
Parents can come involved through:
- School Board – Assists with the stewardship of our school.
- Working bees Conducted by the School Board are known for their social element as well as keeping our school environment safe and looking great.
- Parents & Friends – An active group in all aspects of our school with sub-committees running fundraising, Tuck, Uniform Shop, social activities and St James Catering.
- Social activities – Sports Day barbecue tea, pancakes for Shrove Tuesday, end of year shared tea, beginning of term morning tea.
- Class Masses and Liturgies – Parents and families are encouraged to attend Masses and Liturgies hosted by each class.
- Class Assemblies – Classes host assemblies, students share and celebrate their learning and achievements.
- Classroom Help – Hearing reading, helping with Art, cooking, group work.
- Library Help – Covering new books, re-shelving books.
- Attending parent meetings and interviews.
- Visiting your child/children’s classroom.
- Excursions, Sleepovers and Camps – Parent help is always appreciated with the wide range of activities students participate in.
Working With Children Clearance
Parents and volunteers involved in regular school visits (more than 7 a year) or attending camps, excursions or sleepovers, require a current Working with Children clearance. We all have a shared responsibility to protect and keep children safe. Any parent or volunteer who wishes to discuss this procedure should contact the Principal or Administration Officer. The policy guidelines relating to these procedures are available from the school.